A website simply put is your online office. Website design includes the putting together of this office, the practical layout, style, coding, and presentation so that prospective patients may be able to navigate this office. Web design goes beyond the aesthetic point of view of your digital marketing efforts — it is one of the factors that helps to strengthen your online presence. A website is more than just a commodity; it is an investment, and the goal is to develop a site that will bear fruit to that investment.
So, why is it essential to have an effective website for your practice?
- Your patients are online, and you need to be there.
- You can save money by extending your ads online, for instance utilizing Google ads.
- This helps to establish a better relationship with your patients.
- Having a well-laid-out website highlighting key services and programs is a great way to educate your patients online.
- Getting referrals, as users can send info to potential patients quickly for review.
Here are some key features of a great website:
- An impacting domain name – Ensure to choose a domain name that speaks to your brand and will be memorable in the eyes of the user.
- Responsive Design – Your website should always be responsive therefore will respond well on any device so patients will have the best experience
- The right content strategy: Your website content should be captivating and immediately give your audience exactly what they are looking for.
- Fast page loading speed: A page should load in 2 seconds or less. Have you ever been on a page and it takes forever to load? Well, that makes for a bad experience and you may move to another page.
- SEO Built: Your website should be built with a strong foundation to show up well in search results pages.
- Security: Your website should be fully secured through your hosting and with the right plugins. Besides, most users will leave a website that is showing “Not secure”
- Easily Navigable: Users should have the best experience to be able to easily move around your site to find relevant information
- Integrated to social media: A strong website must include social media to drive back quality traffic to positively impact the search engines.
- Performance tracking: Tools like Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and Bing Webmaster Tools can help to accurately and efficiently calculate your return on investment and monitor traffic, engagement, and conversion rates.
Here are some stats on websites from Price Waterhouse Coopers(PWC):
- 66% of consumers prefer to view content that is beautifully designed to something dull.
- 37% of B2B clients say poor website design/navigation is one of the factors that cause them to leave the site.
Further, 75% of consumers admit that they judge a business’s credibility based on its website design. A poor website loading speed further can be extremely harmful to businesses. Most consumers expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less. 79% of shoppers reported that they would not return to purchase from a slow-loading website. These stats are telling! A website provides that visual appeal that can separate a healthcare practice from the competition.
When choosing a company to design your website, there are several factors to put into consideration such as:
- Track record: Choose a company that has a history of designing great websites, and can also show examples and case studies. It will be very helpful for this company to have an industry-specific experience that will take your website to the next level.
- Methodology: Ensure the company has a solid methodology in their web development process to get the job done efficiently, and you are also able to easily track the progress of your project and make sure that all the key quality standards are covered.
- Strategy: Ensure this company is up to date with the latest trends and understands your vertical to better reflect the design and objectives. And, it is of utmost importance that your site is designed to be mobile friendly and also SEO ready.
Our team has experience in developing great-performing healthcare websites with the above-mentioned features to ensure clients scale their practices and support their patients. Let us talk! We are here to support you.
Written By Andre Wright, MBA
Andre has more than 20 years of experience in the field of digital marketing. Andre through has managed various successful campaigns for dentists, chiropractors, pain clinics, and other healthcare professionals. He is certified in all Google Ads competencies as well as Google Analytics and was a part of the formative years of Google Ads, developing its platform. Andre is a co-host of the Podcast, “Your Company Health”, where he speaks with healthcare professionals and leaders in the business community. He holds an MBA in Marketing and Management and is the author of “Visibility” a digital marketing book published earlier this year. Andre has been a featured speaker at business conferences around the US and beyond. When he’s not working to help doctors make the important transition to cost-efficient digital media, Andre can probably be found spending time with family, watching sports, or playing golf with friends.
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | X: @MrAndreWright | AndreEwright.com